Aedict3 Japanese Dictionary APK The only Japanese dictionary worth paying for. An off-line english japanese dictionary which uses Jim Breen’s JMDict (upgraded EDict)/KanjiDic2/WWWJDIC data along with data from the Tatoeba project. Does not require japanese keyboard. Internet access is used only to download the dictionary – the application itself works offline.
WARNING: Does not work correctly on some Galaxy Tabs 3, namely, the 10.1 Tab 3: users of 7″ and 8″ Tab tablets have reported that Aedict works correctly for them. Please do not buy this app if you own the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 device.
– allows kanji searching by parts/radicals, SKIP code search and by kanji drawing
– omnibar allows search by kana, romaji and/or english, german, french, Russian, Dutch, Portugalese, Spanish, Hungarian, Slovene, Swedish. Deinflects verbs automatically.
– powerful Japanese search: support for mixing kana and kanji (e.g. search for 見ため will also find 見た目), automatic vowel prolonging, e.g. しゅじん will also find しゅうじん.
– shows proper pitch accents for every word
– optionally shows romaji instead of hiragana/katakana.
– supports Hepburn, Nihon-Shiki and Kunrei-Shiki romanization systems
– JLPT/Joyo Quizes, with a simple SRS/Leitner support
– You can store entries in a notepad and practice the notepad contents with notepad quiz.
– Shows stroke order kanji diagrams (courtesy of KanjiVG), allows jlpt/Joyo Quiz kanji draw practice
– Samsung multi-window support, Japanese Names Dictionary support, shows verb conjugations
– Dropbox, OwnCloud and Aedict Online https://aedict-online.eu integration
– Japanese font for proper character display
– Kotowaza sentences dictionary taken from http://kotowaza.org/
– Export to AnkiDroid
– Add custom tags and colors to any dictionary entry
UPDATE NOTE: When updating Aedict, please also update all dictionaries, to gain access to the new features.
Aedict 3 needs to download the dictionaries which is cca 200mb download – please make sure that you are connected to the WIFI to avoid additional charges. Aedict 3 cannot use dictionaries used by Aedict 2.
Aedict 3 is based on Aedict 2.9 but introduces new Android 4 GUI. Aedict 3 works on Android 2.1 and greater.
For more questions please visit http://aedict.eu/faq.html